Become a STEMTech Ambassador and help us reach 600 sixth grade classrooms in Massachusetts this fall. This is a program of the STEMTech Alliance: A Collaboration of Five Massachusetts Technology Trade Associations to Increase STEM Awareness in Middle Schools
To volunteer and learn more about the program go to www.digits.us.com
Who are We. The following leading Massachusetts technology trade associations came together to design this project and work collaboratively to address a common problem - the lack of qualified students in the STEM pipeline.
- The Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council, Joyce Plotkin, President Emerita (www.masstlc.org)
- The Engineering Center, Abbie Goodman, Chief Executive Officer (www.engineers.org)
- The MassBioED Foundation, Lance Hartford, Executive Director (www.massbioed.org)
- The Massachusetts Network Communications Council, Mark Horan, Executive Director (www.massnetcomms.org)
- The Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council, Tom Sommer, President (www.massmedic.com)
What We Do. The five technology trade associations, working with their member companies, will attempt to recruit 600 STEM Ambassadors/professionals to visit 6th grade classes in the coming academic year. The Project will:
- Provide background materials, suggested classroom format, and training for Ambassadors;
- Identify the schools willing to host a STEM Ambassador visit;
- Provide a brief questionnaire for students, the teacher, and the Ambassador to fill out before and/or after the visit;
- Evaluate the results of the pilot project to enhance the effectiveness of the effort.
What are the First Year Results? click here